Wednesday 15 April 2009

Thunder and Lightning – Fear and Hope...

Where there is fear – there is always hope, and when one has hope, one should also fear – as fear and hope bring you closer to the Creator – and help you rectify your actions. They say that inspiration can come to a person anywhere and at anytime. Yes, it has been a while since turbo flowed on her blog – but I was lacking in inspiration – but lo behold did it come today – and in full force! It struck my window sill and ears like – well I can’t describe it – but it was loud! And the sharpness of the lightning – really did strike my heart! Just before 8am – snoozing in my bed – (no work, so i’m allowed a lie in) and a strong sharp light hit my eyes – I woke suddenly to hear a loud rumble and a role of thunder – rain poured so heavily and then something started hitting on my window sill – hail stones – not your average tiny ones – these were BIG ones – ones that can cause serious damage and well they really did fall to do some damage today!
First thing I did was look for my cat. Lying beside me on the bed, she was safe – she looked at me and then towards the window, then at me – and I did likewise. Although the curtains were drawn – the lightning struck with such sharpness that each time it struck I actually turned my head away. Usually all I can hear from dawn onwards is the sweet chirping of birds – but no, not at this moment, they were silenced by the roar of thunder – and whilst writing this blog entry the weather is changing yet again – and I think it will thunder again!
All I could think is that God is angry – ahhh maaan, He is seriously angry – and what about all you people who were actually going to work at that time – you must have been caught in it, right?
It all lasted about thirty minutes – and when it stopped – there was an eerie silence – even the birds didn’t stir for a long while – then police sirens broke the silence (typical! Someone had to spoil it!)
Allah (swt) shows us His signs, every day, every moment – but we, being human and neglectful forget that if He can bless us with good, and we fail to be thankful, then He can also show us His anger – after all we are to blame – it’s us humans who, after knowing and reading about His signs, turn a blind eye – so why shouldn’t He strike our hearts with fear – yet He being so Merciful is reminding us and at that very moment is also giving us hope – hope that we can change –rectify ourselves – because if we keep procrastinating then one day real soon it will be too late.
Allah (swt) says in the Qur’an; It is He Who shows you the lightning, as a fear and as a hope. And it is He Who brings up the clouds, heavy (with water). And Ar-Ra'd (thunder) glorifies and praises Him, and so do the angels because of His awe. He sends the thunderbolts, and therewith He strikes whom He wills, yet they (disbelievers) dispute about Allah. And He is Mighty in strength and Severe in punishment (S13; V 12-13)
A reminder, firstly to myself and then all the readers – there shall come a day when all the signs will disappear – then we won’t have any excuses left – and it’ll be our fault – so now is the time – don’t wait for Ar-Rad to come and knock on your windowsill (or mine for that matter) but wake up and realise – we all have a lot of work to do and every moment could be our last – acknowledge the sings of God, be thankful – follow them – pass on His message to others and never forget – fear always accompanies hope! Truly a sign for men of understanding...

No comments:

Post a Comment